Key ResponsibilitiesInternational and Intergovernmental Relations works with other Alberta ministries to ensure Alberta’s interests are represented in the Canadian federation. Areas of focus include internal trade, fiscal, social, economic and resource policies, sustainable development and national unity.
- managing Alberta’s partnerships with other provinces and the federal government
- coordinating Alberta’s participation in national and provincial forums
- negotiating and finalizing agreements with other provinces and the federal government
- advancing Alberta’s interests in domestic trade and investment agreements
- advocating Alberta’s interests in international trade negotiations
In the NewsAlberta continues to lead Senate reform efforts - August 30, 2013
Premier seeks strategy to prevent future disasters - July 23, 2013