Key ResponsibilitiesInternational and Intergovernmental Relations leads the coordination of Alberta’s economic, resource, environmental, social and fiscal policies and activities as they relate to other governments within Canada. It also works toward developing an intergovernmental strategy on issues of importance to Canadians, with its partners, clients and stakeholders to address challenges and take advantage of and grow opportunities. The ministry coordinates Alberta’s leadership and participation within the Canadian federation in pursuit of a federal system that best serves the needs of Albertans and Canadians.
- managing Alberta’s partnerships with other provinces and the federal government
- coordinating Alberta’s participation in national and provincial forums
- negotiating and finalizing agreements with other provinces and the federal government
- advancing Alberta’s interests in domestic trade and investment agreements
- advocating Alberta’s interests in international trade negotiations
In the NewsGetting Canada's Goods to Market Tops New West Agenda - March 13, 2014
Alberta continues to lead Senate reform efforts - August 30, 2013